My beautiful Daughters

Monday, July 27, 2009


Oh my Heavens! Have you ever seen such beautiful little girls? I know, I am a little biased, however they are so beautiful!

The older one, with the curls changed my life. She changed my focus from me to her and family. She put me to the grindstone in those early years, like a diamond being shined, she "polished me". Staying at home to raise my kids had to be the hardest thing I have ever done. It was a joy to watch them grow and learn and discover. But it was WORK. Hard work. Meals, dishes, diapers, laundry, crying(mainly from me), fighting, disciplining, teaching, leading, guiding, but mostly loving. It was tremendously hard to be taken out of society and isolated to your home. Sure I could go anywhere I wanted but really where are you going to go with a baby and a 2 year old?


I will cherish those 8 years I was a stay at home mom. I look back and feel so thankful that I was able to be with my girls for all of those years. I am so thankful to my husband for supporting us during that time we lived on his income only. Nothing can replace those years, nothing can compare to that time especially now as I watch them grow so quickly. There are so many things that happen in their daily lives that I dont know about. I used to know their favorite food, favorite book, new word for the day what they ate, how much they ate and everything they did and saw. Now, I barely get time uninterrupted with them.


I know I have many teeth-grinding years ahead with each of them, (They are currently 8 and 10) but I wish I could just slow it all down. I wish I could somehow bottle it up and save it. I dont want them to grow any taller, I dont want to throw away all the books about bugs to make room for books about boys. I dont like seeing the baby faces make way for young womens' faces. I dont like all of the worry I have for them, about safety, about boys, about school, grades, teachers, developing eating disorders, being treated poorly by friends. I would be content to go back to sitting in the rocker with them, as babies in the middle of the night when holding them was all it took to make them happy.

2 comments:

Donna j. Gehl said...

My baby will be 21 in a few weeks. The time goes way too fast. All I ever wished for was for her to be happy; she's on the right track and I'm proud of her. The time goes fast and there is no stopping it. Hang on & enjoy the ride. : )

Glen Hartjes said...

What great girls, You can be proud!

Post a Comment

 
Christy Glocke. Design by Pocket